PCRF.net, The Palestine Children’s Relief Fund is a registered non-political, non-profit, 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization that was established in 1991 by concerned people in the U.S. to address the medical and humanitarian crisis facing Palestinian youths in the Middle East. It has since expanded to help suffering children from the region, based only on their medical needs. We do not discriminate based on religion, gender, nationality or sect.
We organize and run hundreds of volunteer missions from all over the world to Palestine and Lebanon’s camps providing children free care and local medical personnel with free training.
We arrange medical care all over the world for sick and injured children from the Middle East who cannot be adequately treated in their homeland.
We sponsor humanitarian projects in Palestine and Lebanon to provide relief for poor and needy children, including wheelchairs, summer camps, and a Child Sponsorship Program.
Organizations that support Palestine:
Savethechildren.org:As of today, Save the Children is delivering medical aid, and providing children with psychosocial support. We have already reached over 1,300 family members in Gaza.
Projecthope.ps: We help create safe and supportive spaces where children, youth and other community members can learn, thrive, and grow. Through our educational, artistic and recreational programs, we aim to empower Palestinian children and youth who have grown up in a context of violence and occupation, giving them the tools they need to access a better future.
Organizations that support Israel:
International Fellowship of Christian & Jews: Based in Chicago and Jerusalem, The Fellowship operates under the leadership of Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein, and is governed by an independent board of directors, people from both faith groups who share our strong belief in building bridges between the Christian and Jewish communities.
Israelgives.org: IsraelGives.org is the world’s main website for charitable giving to Israel. Here, you can donate online to any of Israel’s 30,000 nonprofit organizations. Since 2009, we’ve helped over 150,000 people donate to donate to Israel, and revolutionized the way that the world connects to Israel.
The Palestine/Israeli conflict has been happening throughout history since the 1940’s. Since September of 2000, the deaths of Israeli children compared to Palestinian children is significantly higher. 132 Israeli citizens under the age of 18 have been claimed dead compared to 2,045 Palestinians under the age of 18. The distribution of Palestinian fatalities happen to land within the age group of 0–12 and usually within the month of January or April. The city that receives the most bombing is Gaza while air and ground attacks.
The stages of grief are very crucial for the Palestinian youth. Most end up as orphans, and grow up with severe depression and other disorders from what they have seen throughout the many years of war.
18-30 American citizens who are unaware of the Palestinian/Israeli conflict.
Create a HUMANE campaign that grabs the attention of the demographic between 18–30. The use of children in the video elements and the photography will engage the audience emotionally and place them in similar environments.
The children, Adonia & Iyad will be put in a simple and white environment when filmed. The simplicity of the environment will make the viewer focus on the emotions the child is going through.
- 3 Print ads will involve simple yet evocative photography of children with shocking statistic as copy.
- Video will be a stop motion production that focuses on the emotions of the children throughout specific timeframes. At the end of every video there will be an element, that is usually taken for granted, that seems to spark the bombing such as phone ringing, taking a shower, or going to a playing outdoors.
- The guerrilla tactic will involve the use of Makey-Makey. Possibly an iPad will be placed in a casual environment, when someone passes by it will ring. The person who picks up will experience the phone call that is received from the Israeli government before the estimated time of bombing.
- The 6th component will be the storyboard of the 30 second commercial.
- The 2 last components of the campaign will include an app, a care package, or a form of packaging for the products they already offer (eyeglasses, clothing, … etc).